I could never live in a cold climate. NEVER. I’m the girl who has always stated – I’d rather be hot than cold. Any.Day.Of.The.Year. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate it when the temperature begins to lean toward the 60s. Because I suffer from that uncomfortable syndrome which causes my feet and hands to turn numb when my core gets too cold, I tend to prefer heat. But there are also some pretty amazing things I love about cooler weather.
1. Sweaters. Duh-I’m a girl so I tend to think in terms of What-to-Wear when it applies to seasonal changes.
2. Boots. See above. We live in Texas so of course there are the obligatory cowboy boots but Dallasites have an inordinate number of fashion boots that bely our warm weather and cooler temperatures herald the arrival of covered toes!
3. Evening football games. There is nothing like watching the marching band during a half-time show while cuddled under a stadium blanket.
4. Pumpkins. You really can’t put them out in the summer heat even if it’s October 15. They rot really quickly! So it’s nice when the weather cooperates and you can decorate the front of your house with fall bounty.
5. Soup. And stew. I love salads just as much as the next girl but soup is a party in my mouth!!
All of this to say that I am so excited by October being here and actually experiencing an autumnal season. We don’t get a true Fall every year so I hope you will get out and enjoy it.
The menu is fabulous this week (am I allowed to say that?) because it is filled with things I love to eat. Caesar Salad, Pasta Salad, Tortilla Soup and Squash Quiche. I am obsessed with eggplant lately—can’t get enough—and I love this version of non-breaded parmigiana. You can opt to enjoy it with polenta or spaghetti or solo, the choice is yours. And a fabulous brownie rounds out the dessert.
As always, I’m here if you have questions, concerns or suggestions. Have a great week!
Here’s the menu. Order online here. I truly appreciate you when you get your order in early! At a minimum, please order by 10am the day prior to your pickup and be sure to provide your cell number. Pickup schedule at 9800 Preston Road is as follows: